Chiao-Tung University Alumni Summit 2022 Duty Agreement and Disclaimer
The safety of those attending the Chiao-Tung University Alumni Summit 2022 is our top priority. In response to COVID-19, attendees must agree to the following requirements prior to registering for the 2022 Summit.
We are strong in our commitment to keeping the public power community informed, engaged, and connected. Therefore, we are relying on everyone to do their part to keep themselves and everyone else safe during the summit. Your conduct impacts others.
Preparation for the Summit
• Attendees must follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and/or their local health authority.
• Attendees must adhere to government-issued travel guidance and all applicable restrictions issued by the region to which they will be traveling, and the region from which they are traveling.
• Attendees shall evaluate their own health and that of people with whom they are in close contact within 14 days prior to the summit dates and should contact the 2022 Summit team if they have any concerns.
• Attendees and their guests will be required to sign a declaration of health one week prior to the summit.
• Attendees must STAY HOME if they feel ill, actively experience COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive or presumed to be positive with COVID-19 within a full 10 days prior to the summit dates. In that case, they should contact the 2022 Summit team to cancel their registration and receive a full refund.
On-Site During the Summit
• All attendees are recommended to wear a mask in public spaces.
• All attendees will adhere to appropriate social distancing protocols and respect other’s personal space throughout the course of the summit.
• Hand sanitizer and other sanitization and hygiene products will be available for attendee use throughout the summit space. Attendees are expected to use these available resources regularly and to practice everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
• All attendees will be required to complete a daily health questionnaire prior to entering the summit space.
• If an attendee begins to actively experience COVID-19 symptoms during the summit they should self-quarantine immediately and notify 2022 Summit organizer.
• All seating arrangements will allow for social distancing. In some cases, attendees may be required to maintain assigned seating during some of the meeting sessions.
• Timed entrances and exits of meeting rooms maybe employed to manage crowd control and to accommodate capacity limits according to local mandates. Attendees maybe be asked to adhere to these procedures when deemed necessary by 2022 Summit Team or hotel staff.
Personal Accountability Commitment
By registering for and attending the 2022 Summit, you agree to abide by, and engage in, the outlined health-and-safety conduct while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Adhering to all duty requirements outlined above.
• Wearing a mask in public areas.
• Engaging in appropriate physical distancing and hygiene practices.
• Completing a daily health questionnaire.
• Making appropriate use of safety resources provided onsite.
• Not attending the summit if you are ill, actively experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of the summit dates.
• Notifying 2022 Summit Services Team if you test positive for COVID-10 up to a full 10 days after returning home, in accordance with current contact tracing advice from federal and state health authorities.
Disclaimer of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the WHO. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even possibly in the air. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. The exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and, while vaccines have been made available, not everyone has access to them at this time.
The Chiao-Tung University Alumni Association in America cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending the 2022 summit and/or entering onto premises where the 2022 summit is held. It is not possible to prevent the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to attend the summit and enter onto premises where the summit is held, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
About the information on the Website and our other media platforms
The information provided by Chiao-Tung University Alumni Association in America about the Chiao-Tung University Alumni Summit 2022 on the site and media platforms is for general informational purposes only. All information about the summit is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information about the summit.
Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the misuse or reliance on any information provided about the summit. Your use and your reliance on any information about the summit is solely at your own risk.
The site or media platforms may contain links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness by us.
We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information offered by third-party websites linked through our site or platforms. We will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
The information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Before taking any actions based upon such information, we encourage you to consult with the appropriate professionals. The use or reliance of any information contained on this site [or our mobile application] is solely at your own risk.
For more information
Please go to the following link for more information of Covid guidelines and FAQ by Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and department of health of Maryland.